Have you ever got comfortable in your flight or train seat, reached for your earphones and then panicked because you realize that in the end moment packing hassle you forgot to keep them with you? We feel you mate.
Music, from my perspective, is one of the most important things about traveling.
There is a good reason I say that.
Music has the power to transport us; to the place, we are visiting/back home/ in somebodies arms/ to that memory you wished lasted a lifetime.
Music has the power to heal us or maybe pull us through that restless night or that broke day.
But most importantly, music is a universal language. You could be of any race or religion, speak any language, follow any tradition when Ludovico Einaudi plays his piano, everybody understands.
Below is a list of 59 songs I am thankful for.
Trust me and listen to them once.
Rest is up for you to decide.
1. Nobody knows – The Lumineers
2. Mountain sound – Of Monster and Men
3. Step out – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
4. The Wolves and The Ravens – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
5. The Lake – A walk in the woods
6. Riders on a storm – The Doors
7. I don’t want to go home – Nick Mulvey
8. Let her go – Passenger
9. Budapest – George Ezra
10. The Dragon song – Pete’s Dragon
Also Read: The Best of Travel TV Series.
11. Leaving on a Jet Plane – John Denver
12. The Great Escape – Patrick Watson
13. Lake Michigan – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
14. Traveller – Chris Stapleton
15. Californication – Red Hot Chili Peppers
16. Dirty Paws – Of Monsters and Men
17. Home – Phillip Phillips
18. Southern Comfort Zone – Brad Paisley
19. Rise – Into the Wild
20. Keep your Head Up – Safe Haven
21. I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
22. Maps – Maroon 5
23. Sink or Swim – Tyrone Wells
24. Apertura – Gustavo Santaolalla
25. De Usuahia a la Quiaca – Gustavo Santaolalla
26. Al otro lado del río – Gustavo Santaolalla
27. Chichina – Gustavo Santaolalla
28. The Simmer of Sindhu – Keba Jeremiah
29. Kesariya Balam – Traditional Rajasthani
30. Miracles – Coldplay
31. Maahi Ve – A R Rahman
32. Patakha Guddi – A R Rahman
33. Tu Koi Aur Hai – A R Rahman
34. Petrichor – Ludovico Einaudi
35. Night – Ludovico Einaudi
36. Don’t Let it Pass – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
37. Kothbiro – Ayub Ogada
38. Brother (Last Ride) – A Walk in the Woods
39. Dil Dhadakne Do – Zindagi na Milegi Dobara
40. Far away – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Also Read: Around the World in Travel Books.
41. Zinda – Amit Trivedi
42. The Journey – Safe Haven
43. Mai ni Meriye – Mohit Chauhan
44. Haminastu – Zeb Bangash
45. Desert Rose – Sting
46. Safarnama – Tamasha
47. Bezubaan – Piku
48. If I Rise – 127 hours
49. Phir se Ud Chala – Rockstar
50. Journey song – Piku
51. Your hand in mine – The Explosions in the Sky
52. This is how you walk on – Gifted
53. Blackbird – Martyn Bennett
Also Read: 6 Ways you can Earn Money while you Travel.
54. Meet me there – Nick Mulvey
55. Space oddity – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
56. Guaranteed – Into the Wild – Eddie Vedder
57. End of the Road – Into the Wild
58. Setting Forth – Eddie Vedder
59. No Ceiling – Eddie Vedder
What is your favourite travel song and why? Drop a comment below and we might add it to our next list of ultimate travel playlist.